Home

Upcoming Events

There are no Upcoming Events

Condividi contenuti

Guild of Writers Forum

22 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
I.Brattin
Iscritto: 21 Feb 2009

Has anyone been over to the Writers forum lately? For the last three hours I have been getting the connection timed out. I can access the rest of the site over there, the wiki and main site, but not the forums. Anyone know what might be up?

Szark
Ritratto di Szark
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
Iscritto: 12 Gen 2008

No sorry I have no idea, we haven't been informed of anything pre-planned.

I.Brattin

Shoot.. And I had some stuff I needed help with on an age I am working on.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

If we do here anything I will let you know.

I.Brattin

There has been no word? It's been 17 hours and I still get network timeout., that its taking to long to respond. Has anyone tried going over there. I am wondering if its just me as no one else has reported not being able to get there and I checked Cyan's Myst Online forum, and UO.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

No it is not just you I haven't been able to connect either. I can get to this http://guildofwriters.com/ and all the other links on that page apart from the Forum.

I think the best we could hope for is some news soon.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

Just saw this on MOUL

AdamJohnso wrote:
I just found out the problem at 5am this morning. We have some kernel corruption. The datacenter is going to remount the root as a second partition, and I'll recover everything from there. We should be back by the end of the day, This server hosts mission critical web apps, so you best believe that my goose will be cooked if it's not up soon.

I.Brattin

That's good news, Szark thanks.

Al'Kaera
Ritratto di Al'Kaera
Iscritto: 6 Lug 2008

I just checked again to see if there was any progress.

/shrug
Still can't connect, and it's 3P CST USA Texas

again KI 102324  ancient KI 5969479

I.Brattin

Same here. Been checking since Adam posted over on MO. From what I see when he said by the end of the day he may have meant it litterally. It may not be back on for a while still.

lilyflower
Ritratto di lilyflower
Iscritto: 14 Feb 2009

Haven't been able to access GoW for two days now.  Internet Explorer tells me that it cannot access that page.

Be kind...  nearly everyone is fighting some sort of private battle

I.Brattin

Look at the seventh post, Lily. Adam had some problems with his host and their supposedly working on it. He's hoping to have it back by the end of the day.

I have my suspicions that it won't be that easy of a fix though seeing how the end of the day is rapidly approaching.

I.Brattin

Well I was right. It's taking longer then they expected. But it is resolving now as I get to a page saying their working on it instead of the network timeout. Maybe by the end of today??

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

That's it all we can do it hope. The funny thing is I was going to say yesterday that the TCT's (The Cavern Today) site was down. I thought it might have something in common with what the GoW is experiencing. Wasn't sure until I just saw this "We're working on it! Our apologies for the downtime".

lilyflower
Ritratto di lilyflower

Just in case some people are not aware of the latest -- GoMa is up and running again - thank goodness !!

I.Brattin

Just to let ya all know. GoW Forums are down again.

Al'Kaera
Ritratto di Al'Kaera
Iscritto: 6 Lug 2008

I.Brattin wrote:
Just to let ya all know. GoW Forums are down again.

Thanks for the heads up. Hope it's not serious and you have good news soon.

again KI 102324  ancient KI 5969479

Nanouk_Metal
Iscritto: 1 Mar 2008

With IE6, I can view the GoW forums and wiki pages.

Forums: http://forum.guildofwriters.com/
Wiki: http://www.guildofwriters.com/wiki/

The Home page is not working for me. The message says to update to IE7 or use other browsers.

I.Brattin

Paradox wrote:
It appears to have been a DNS issue. I'm told that OpenDNS users should be able to get on, with the fix taking effect for all DNS providers over the next 24 hours or so. :)

Found the above at MO forums

Nanouk_Metal wrote:

With IE6, I can view the GoW forums and wiki pages.

Forums: http://forum.guildofwriters.com/
Wiki: http://www.guildofwriters.com/wiki/

The Home page is not working for me. The message says to update to IE7 or use other browsers.

Nanouk, IE doesn't solve the problem for everyone. I still can't reach GoW forums regardless of what browser I use, and I tried both IE (I have IE7) and Firefox. As Paradox said this is a DNS issue which means the connection between you and the server is fixed. It had nothing to do with IE over Firefox.

Nanouk_Metal

I.Brattin wrote:

Nanouk, IE doesn't solve the problem for everyone. I still can't reach GoW forums regardless of what browser I use, and I tried both IE (I have IE7) and Firefox. As Paradox said this is a DNS issue which means the connection between you and the server is fixed. It had nothing to do with IE over Firefox.

As you can see, I am technically challenged.

Thank you for the feedback.

Szark
Ritratto di Szark

I am sorry to say but we have no control over the other guilds websites.  To be totaly frank we can't keep running around trying to find what is wrong either (not enough hours in the day).   If they are unwilling to use our RSS news feed to keep people informed then we can't force them.

Perhaps as a working memeber of the GoW you may like to suggest it to them.

lilyflower
Ritratto di lilyflower

Hey Nanouk,

remember all the trouble I had with uploading images and had to update to IE 8 ?  The update sorted out so many hiccups that I was having. 

IE 8 has a beautiful Compatibility pop-up on the right side of the taskbar that really sorts out so many problems.  Just a suggestion... it might help you also...

Nanouk_Metal

The problem was not with browsers but with the interconnecting DNS servers.

I will have a look and check if it is better than IE7. Images might help me
to see the difference. Hoping it does not start with a similar "hellish and buggy" front page of IE7.

My worst bug was that, I was unable to roll back to IE6 and had to do a full Windows XP reinstall.